Here I was thinking that every six months, Roblox shutting down was the rumour going around the internet. Apparently they’re well and truly out of the shit heap, because Roblox Corp has official…
Here I was thinking that every six months, Roblox shutting down was the rumour going around the internet. Apparently they’re well and truly out of the shit heap, because Roblox Corp has officially hit the stock market and after one day, valued at $45 billion USD. Yowza.
Currently, Roblox has around 50 million games for users to explore, most of them user-created. It has been reported that Roblox has over 100 million active players.
With these sorts of numbers, and minimal development costs, it was only ever a matter of time until investors wanted a slice of the pie.
Anyway! In other news:
- The Borderlands movie seems to get bigger and bigger. With Jack Black, Cate Blanchett, and Kevin Hart on board, this is sure to be a hit.
- Despite a pretty sweet patch for Overwatch players, the Xbox Series X/S continues to live in the shadow of the PS5. Stock seems to be as available as ever, and I’m not going to even mention the ton of common Xbox Series X issues plaguing users.
- I’ve been obssessed with Stardew Valley since it hit shelves, but you can only do so much. Now my attention has turned to games like Stardew Valley, and I’m having a lot of fun plundering Steam for potential gap fillers.
- The legendary Cocaine Bear is getting a movie made about his short, sharp life. Poor Cocaine Bear.
- In today’s best video, watch a penguin escape a killer whale. Go penguin!